Skip Main Navigation
- Students will identify the characteristics of the rainforest, learn that the rainforest is a habitat for animals and plants, and see examples of rainforest animals and plants.
- Students will describe how different rainforest animals meet their needs for food, water and shelter.
- Students will explain how animals and plants in the rainforest are connected to each other.
- Students will explain the importance of trees in the rainforest and will identify the effects of deforestation on different rainforest animals.
- Students will describe how people can help protect the animals and plants that live in the rainforest from deforestation.
- Students will use the engineering design process to plan and create a virtual habitat for a rainforest animal that meets its needs for water, food and shelter.